Travel and Insurance

  • Are flights and transport included?
    • Generally not. You need to make your own way to us at Cowes for UK sections of the course. During programme breaks such as Christmas for the 10 month programme you will need to organise either a flight home or accommodation locally during the break
  • Do I need a travel visa?
    • You may need visas so please check. Non UK residents need to check with their travel agent for other countries requirements. For Caribbean destinations UK Citizens do not usually need a Visa if you have a return flight. Please ask us if you need a letter of embarkation.
  • Do I need insurance?
    • It is part of our terms and conditions ┬áthat you have insurance that covers you for racing, medical issues, loss or theft of possessions and cancellation cover. What happens if I have to pull out of the course?
      If you have to pull out of the programme due to illness, work commitments or other reason you may lose your deposit if you cancel before 90 days to the start. Within ninety days of the start dated you could end up losing the entire fee, which is why good holiday insurance with cancellation cover is a must. PYT may be able to place you on an alternative package at our discretion but this cannot be guaranteed.
  • Do I need to arrange my own accommodation?
    • During your Traineeship you will be staying on-board one of our sailing yachts or in shore side accommodation some of the time. During programme breaks you will need to arrange something unless you are returning home